Τετάρτη 15 Ιουνίου 2011

New York state of mind


“Look a snowflake!”, I exclaimed.
It was sometime during October. Alice was looking at us. But I knew she understood. New York was already pretty cold these days.
“Let’s go somewhere else! I want to show you everything!” you said.
I laughed and stared at you.
“What’s the matter?”, you asked.
“Nothing”, I replied.
As we left Central Park I kept looking at you, watching the snowflakes dance on your hair.
I remember when you took me to the Empire State building. You always used to tell me that I should visit New York with someone that knows his way around. You tricked me into taking me to the 102nd floor. There, 380 meters above the ground, just you and me.
“You look beautiful” you said.
I giggled and looked away “You are so cheesy. Think we could jump?”
You kissed my hand and laughed. I knew you would follow me anywhere. Wouldn’t you?
As we left the building, I turned around and stared at the ground.
“What’s the matter?”, you asked.
“Nothing”, I replied.
And as the light became dimmer, I kept staring at the ground, watching our shadows disappear into the darkness.
“Let’s get lost into the streets. You can’t imagine how beautiful New York is at night!”
I gave you my hand right away. You were surprised. I was never the spontaneous type. How could you be surprised? After all I had already given you my heart.
Oh, of course! Silly me. You never knew that. I never told you..
I don’t know what time we got home. I don’t know if we ever got home in the first place. I just know I couldn’t feel tired.. You never made me feel tired.
It was the best of times.


It is now, 8,000 kilometers from New York, a troubled girl is writing this fictional story.
She doesn’t even know if she wants that story to really happen.


What can I say.. maybe some day we will find ourselves in New York..
But then again maybe not. Maybe we’ll just start drifting apart, and New York will just remain a far-fetched dream..
But maybe, just maybe, we were in New York once.. in some previous life.
Thinking of that makes me feel better.. Lies.
I could write much more about how I imagine New York would be. But I didn’t get the chance to learn more. Time ran out. And now we are drifting apart.
Shall I leave it to fate? You used to tell me you believed in fate. If it’s meant to happen, then it will.
I really don’t care. I’m tired now..


And as the light becomes dimmer, I go to bed. It never really snows here anyway.


missA insanE


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOX-lNHgWYM&feature=related

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου