Κυριακή 20 Μαρτίου 2011

Army days. After the fire.

Virgin Mary slept under a walnut tree.
Cup of coffee, soldiers talking
about women and wine.
On top of the world, too mesmerized,I stand as
a butterfly΄s whisper echoes through the valley.
It is the spring time, bronze winds
and sleepy goats lamenting the burnt forest.
The lord created all in wisdom,then he danced like
a drunken greek until he fell asleep.
Got nothing but my wishes, I own
a pack of cigarettes and a full moon.
waiting for a sweet homecoming. The queen
of hearts smiles, her soul my only sanctuary.
Heaven is a mountain, wild rabbits blowing a trombone,
possessed or blessed. Who knows?
Time is standing still resting its
wings on a pillow.
Wake up, sings the sparrow. His
grandfather opens his eyes takes
some magic seeds,waves good-bye
to his friends and flies away.
Will we ever hear from him again?
Too mesmerized, I light another cigarette...

Alex William Demoleros.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου